I guess many of you are fans of chicken soup and chicken Yakni Soup but have you heard of an Indian dish called Pepper Water?
I was introduced to this dish by my aunt (who according to me is one of the best cooks) though this is not her original recipe but is close enough to her original one.
You would require the following ingredients to get started with the pepper water soup:
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 2 dry red chilies (break them into halves)
- 6-7 curry pata’s (leaves)
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- Garlic cloves finely minced 6-7
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ can diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take the oil and heat it in a pan, add the cumin and mustard seed.
- When they stop spluttering add the garlic, dry red chilies, pepper, curry pata (fry them until the garlic turns pale and golden in color).
- Add the tomato water, add salt according to taste then.
- Simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes after which turn off the fire.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and serve hot adding little amount of boiled rice in it.